Thursday, January 26, 2012

What do you think of the boys name Barnes?

My wife and i are due to have our first baby in November 2011 i want the name Barnes if its a boy she is not keenWhat do you think of the boys name Barnes?
good name
It's a surname and unless it had some connection to my family, not one that I would use - and would only use as a middle name.



I"m with your wife on this.



Also Barney is a likely nn which I don't like at all - don't know if you do.What do you think of the boys name Barnes?
Listen to your wife. Like everyone said, Barnes= Barnes %26amp; Noble, Barnes from Platoon (who was a psycho jerk!), Barney, etc. Plus, Barnes doesn't translate well to a first name. Sounds like a surname and is a surname.
Unless it is a family name, big veto from me. It's rather silly and pretentious to use a surname as a first name if you have no affiliation with it.What do you think of the boys name Barnes?
It reminds me of Barney the dinosaur for some reason. lol

Barnes doesn't really sound too good for a first name.



Maybe you could keep it for a middle name instead. :-)
No. I'm with your wife





How about Brady, Brody, Braxton, anything but Barnes!!
It is a common last name and the child would probably be addressed as Barney. Teachers, etc., may think it's a typo too.
I like it

Reminds me of Sgt.Barnes in platoon..
makes me think of the bookstore barnes and noble........

good bookstore, but boring name. i'm sorry :(
I know two families with the last name Barnes so it sounds like a last name to me.
I agree with your wife. I'm not keen on it either. It sounds too much like a last name as well.
I don't like it..
its an ugly name, listen to your wife.
Reminds me of鈥arns. Not so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment