Monday, January 30, 2012

What are the Benefits and Disadvantages of giving my unborn son his fathers last name?

My ex Fiance and I were together for a year and are now expecting our baby boy in January 2011. We split up as he became unloyal and nasty in the relationship. We have tried to keep things civil between us but seems unsuccessful. He expects to be on our sons Birth Certificate and for our son to take on his last name, however, i am unsure about the decision as i am worried about the situation/s i may be stuck in if i agree. My ex raped me once in our relationship and has been known to be sexually forceful with other girls and he is very young. I fear he's not ready to be a father and as much as I hate the idea of denying my son to see his dad, Im worried that if our son takes on his last name, i may be obligated to him for many things.

How do I make this decision to give my son his fathers last name and how do i go about visitation?What are the Benefits and Disadvantages of giving my unborn son his fathers last name?
If you put his surname on the birth certificate he will have as much power as you. He could fight for custody and tell lies to social services to be granted full custody of the child. I would leave this until he can prove to you he can be a responsible adult and take care of his responsibilities without being hostile towards you.



If you're worried about how he will be around the child then you can get him to spend time with him in a contact centre - there will be a social worker at present so you won't have to worry. If he turns up at every appointment every week then you can take things a step further and perhaps drop the child off at his parents house. Also give his parents the opportunity to see their grand child, either at the contact centre (on a different day to your ex... so your ex has quality time alone with the child, and so do the grand parents).What are the Benefits and Disadvantages of giving my unborn son his fathers last name?
Do not put him on the certificate and do not give your son his last name.



You may be denying your son his father but ask yourself, would you really want your son with this man?

No comments:

Post a Comment