Monday, January 23, 2012

Do you agree with the most hated baby names list?

The most hated girls names are



Nevaeh

Destiny

Madison

Mackenzie

Addison

Gertrude

Kaitlyn

Makayla

Bertha

Hope



Most hated boys names



Jayden

Brayden

Aidan

Kaden

Hunter

Hayden

Bentley

Tristan

Michael

Jackson



Do you agree or disagree?



My opinions



Nevaeh,Hope, and Destiny seem like the names of strippers

Madison,Addison,and Mackenzie all mean "son of". They shouldn't be used on girls

Gertrude and Bertha are old and ugly

Kaitlyn is beautiful if spelled correctly

Makayla is trashy. The spelling Michaela is a little better but not much.



Jayden,Brayden,and Kaden don't age well at all

Aidan and Hayden are true names that have been around for a while so these don't bother me

Bentley is only used by people who can't afford a Bentley.

Hunter is a little to weird for me

Tristan is my younger brothers name so i don't see a big problem with this one

Michael doesn't bother me

I prefer Jack to Jackson but Jackson isn't horrible



http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2011/05/05…Do you agree with the most hated baby names list?
Nevaeh - This is plain stupid.

Destiny - Stripper

Madison - Anything the ends in "son" is usually a boy's name. Madeline is much prettier.

Mackenzie - This is usually a last name, and sounds stupid as a first. Plus, all the weird spelling make parents look illiterate.

Addison - Again, boy name.

Getrude - Yuck

Kaitlyn - Actually a really nice name. Too overused though.

Makayla - Sounds like trailer trash.

Bertha - Yucky old woman name

Hope - Stupid



Jayden, Brayden, Kaden - Super trendy. Aren't going to age well, and scream born in 2011.

Aidan - It's alright, don't have a problem with it.

Hunter - Weird name

Hayden - Not super trendy since it's been used for a while, but doesn't age well.

Bentley - This is plain stupid. Why not name your kid Toyota or Jaguar

Tristan - I actually like this name

Michael - Love this name! Classic and elegant, no idea why it's on this list.

Jackson - Love Jack, hate Jackson.
Well i absoloutely love mackenzie and madison. Addison, hope and neveah are also really pretty i dont like the rest though an gertrude is AWFULLLLL



And as for the boys i love them all except for michael and jackson, i love love love hayden, jayden, aidan, bentley and kayden, hunter,brayden and hunter are also super cuteDo you agree with the most hated baby names list?
I agree with the boy's list 100% -- except Michael and Tristan. And Jackson is bearable.

The girl's list -- I think Hope is pretty if overused. Addison I totally agree with! It's a SURNAME, and if you must use it as a first name at least use it on a boy. I agree that Caitlin is lovely, but Kaitlyn is tryndeigh and unappealing.
I agree with most of the girls names. Except Madison, I like, but I would only use it as a middle name, way too common. I also don't mind Kaitlyn. The rest are really bad.

I disagree with some of the boys names. I adore Hayden, Hunter, Tristan, and Jackson. Michael is also a major name used in my family.Do you agree with the most hated baby names list?
I do hate some of those names, but I also love some of them. Madison is one of my favorite names and I think Destiny, Addison, Mackenzie, Kaitlyn, Makayla, %26amp; Hope are nice. The boys names are all perfectly okay except for Bentley %26amp; Tristan (no offense to your younger brother... the name Tristan is just not my style).
I have no issues with Gertrude or Bertha, but then I'm used to them as they are elder aunts. Hope is fine. the rest belong on the list.

I actually like Michael and Tristan, I don't have a problem with Aidan or Hayden as long as they stay on boys, don't like the rest much.
My opinions are almost identical to yours, only I group hayden in with the stupid -aden trend, I hate Michael, cus wacko jacko died on my birthday and everyone forgot about me, Jackson is a last name, not a first name.
I don't mind Madison and my name is Kaitlin, so I don't agree with those two, but the rest of the girl names are pretty bad. From the boy names, I like Tristan and Michael. I hate Jayden and Kaden.
No, I like Destiny, Hope, Katelyn, and the first 4 boys names
I agree wholeheartedly
I agree. I don't like any of those names.
obviously chelsea used one or more of those names lol!!!
madison (for a girl) is quite popular where i live and i like it as well but apart from that i agree
yes i agree with everything u said! i know this might seem wierd but i love hunter for a girl%26lt;3
We luuuv MichaelJackson
I agree, anyway where the hell did the name Gertrude come from?
I agree, I don't like any of them..and so overused.
No, I don't agree with the idea of a most hated baby name list at all. Why does it bother you or anyone else to be so negative towards names other people have chosen. If you don't want to choose those names that's fine, but why condemn other people's choices?

ETA. I am perfectly calm. You asked a question if I agreed or disagreed and I answered it no and gave my reason as to why. It's one thing to ask opinions and give them before someone is named and another to trash people's names after they have been named. And to the other person lower down, no I've not used any of these names myself either and I probably wouldn't but that is not the point I am making. Anyone with these names reading these comments can be made to feel bad reading these comments, and they didn't pick their names either, their parents did.
I don't know.

I like Gertrude. I don't always think of an old woman. I believe that television has given a bad rap to names such as that and "Bertha". I believe a Gertrude could grow up to be a pagent queen or a scientist if she puts her mind to it.





I dislike Addison and Maddison. There was a toddler at my church named Maddison. I cringed every time I heard that name.



Nevaeh is simply moronic.



Jayden or anything that rhymes with it is an abomination.



Bentley shouldn't be a name. A girl on Team Mom named her kid this. Ugh.



Hunter is cute on a toddler, but I wouldn't take an adult "Hunder" too seriously. It sounds a bit like a boon/redneck name.



Jackson I dislike.
Most hated names? I thought there'd be worse names on this list, haha. I actually like a couple of them...in fact, if i end up having a boy, some of the options on my short list are Aiden %26amp; Tristan. :O Well *i* think they're nice.



As for the girls' names, Madison ain't that bad. I have no idea how Nevaeh is pronounced...but i don't like any of the others.



Of the ones on the list that i think are indeed truly icky are these:

Gertrude, Bertha, Michael %26amp; Jackson. All the rest are....meh. I wouldn't pick them for my kids, but they're not THAT bad in themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment