Thursday, January 26, 2012

Is Matilda becoming trendy (+BQ)?

Soon after I began TTC, I found the name Matilda, and my husband and I both loved it. I thought it was my own little discovery. Of course, I knew it was a real, established name, but I believed it was not at all trendy. It seemed to have the old-fashioned charm of Lily, Sophie, or Charlotte, but with a quirky twist. Surely, I thought, my Matilda would be the only one in her class.



Fast forward a few months: I recently read in a baby-naming blog that the name is "the next big thing," trending steadily upwards. This disappoints me a little. I don't need my child's name to be completely unique, but I didn't want it to have the words "2011 Trendy Name of the Year" stamped on it.



Am I reading too much into the blog? Is Matilda a trendy name, or just a nice name that is a little more popular now than at other times?



BQ: If you like Matilda, what would be a good boy's name of the same style? We are completely lost in terms of boys names.Is Matilda becoming trendy (+BQ)?
My first thought is an old lady, as most people my age will say... but it is coming back in style, as a lot of others are like Alice, Abigail, even Harriet. If I say the name w/o the connotation I grew up with, it's actually very pretty. But I doubt it will be the next "Emma." I have an Aunt Tillie though who is in her 90s, so it's hard to see this on a young girl. I'd use if for a middle name though. For a boy, I agree with Matthew / Mattieu / Matthieu, and possibly Murray, William, or Liam.
I don't know if Matilda is becoming trendy or popular...but for me, it is not in my taste. It is old and stuffy and makes me think of a very old lady.Is Matilda becoming trendy (+BQ)?
I've only heard of the movie, never a real baby. Its a very beautiful unique name, i wouldn't worry about her having another Matilda in her class.
Mattheus or Matthew would be names you use with Matilda. No I do not think Matilda is very trendy, I think it is a traditional, beautiful not that common name. I love the nickname Tilly. :) If anything the trendy names right now are Nevaeh and Niamh... I love the name Matilda and you shouldn't worry at all, if you love it then you have the right to use / keep it.



:)Is Matilda becoming trendy (+BQ)?
I wouldn't think so. I've never met a person named Matilda.



I like Matilda, it's not my favorite, but it's okay.



Boy Names

Arthur

Matthew

Anthony

Andrew
i love the name matilda and i love the nickname tilly



for boys, how about: oliver, charlie, thomas, nathan, luke, daniel, max, elliot, timothy ....
I LOVE the name. I've loved it since I was like, 4, when I became obsessed with Matilda (the movie)



Ever since then, I've decided that my very first girl will be named Matilda Joy



:)



I like Matthew Owen for a boy... Matt- similar to Matilda :)
Matilde is a good variant,as she may be called Tilda,which is awwesome.Clotilde is also good

No comments:

Post a Comment