Thursday, January 26, 2012

♂ WDYT of the name John for a boy?

A lot of people seem to think that it's boring and too common, but to me it is neither of those qualities. I think that the name itself has lot of spunk and personality, and it will fit any kind of boy. Over the years, John has slowly been falling in the rankings of popularity, so it's not common for a 2011-2012 baby at all. What do you personally think of the name John for a boy? Also, what are your feelings toward the nickname Johnny?♂ WDYT of the name John for a boy?
Excellent name, great meaning, long history, more versions of this name exist all over the world than any other. It's popularity has been plunging lately - that's not to say it still isn't top 50, it is, but you really can't go wrong with this name...I'm not a big fan of any nicknames, though
John is still and old and popular biblical name, but sadly many parents seem to naming their children after celebrities, or worse still making up their own names.



It's interesting to find a parent asking for advice on this, some people pick names just to confound their relatives.



John is great, it's short, easily called, and cannot be shortened.



You child will always love you unless you call him Tarquin, or her Kylie.

I hate my name, and I always wished my parents had called me John, it may be common but you cannot go wrong with it imo.♂ WDYT of the name John for a boy?
I don't really like it, to me it's just not a cute name, i happen to be one of the people that think it's a boring name lol.



The nickname Johnny is cute and a lot better of a nickname than Jack is for John lol, i prefer Jack as a stand alone name.
I think John is adorable. (: It's very handsome and strong. I love it! It was my mom's dad's name, but he went by Jack. I think that Jack is a cute name by itself, not as a nickname for John. I despise the nickname Johnny... but just John is lovely!♂ WDYT of the name John for a boy?
John is a nice-sonding name, has a lot of power to it......but it is way too common and lacks the quality of being unique/original. It's like the most common name in the country.

nickname Johnny - thumbs down.
I love the name John! It's such a strong manly classic, and could fit any type of guy. Johnny isn't a bad nick name. I'd personally prefer the nick name Jack, it just seems to age better and sound nicer.
In my opinion John is boring and bland, and lacks personality. I would never, ever use it. I don't mind if other people like it though.



I don't like Johnny either. Just not my style at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment